Oat Blueberry Bread Recipe
This bread is a hearty, cake-like bread that I really enjoyed. It has a crumbly texture that melts in your
Yield: 10 servings
2 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp allspice
¾ cup milk
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1-¼ cups fresh or frozen blueberries (not thawed)
1. Mix dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
2. Add milk, butter, orange peel, eggs.
3. Mix 30 seconds at low speed.
4. With wooden spoon, gently stir in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into 9x5x3 pan (greased on bottom only).
6. Bake 55-65 minutes @ 350 until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
8. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.