Favorite Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
These very traditional pancakes are so tasty and have all the goodness of that made-from-scratch
Yield: (3 per person makes a good meal)
2 cups flour (sifted after you measure it)
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
(You can buy buttermilk at the store or make your own by placing 1-1/2 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar in
measuring cup and filling it with milk to the 1-1/2-cup-mark. Let this homemade buttermilk mixture sit for 5
minutes before using it in the recipe.)
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1. Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees (or a skillet on the stove).
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk.
2. With the wire whisk, beat in the remaining ingredients just until smooth.
3. Pour the batter onto the griddle in small portions to make round pancakes.
4. Sprinkle 4-5 blueberries onto the pancakes cooking on the griddle.
5. Flip the pancakes after the bottoms look golden brown.
6. Cook until the bottoms look golden brown.
7. Serve immediately or wrap the pancakes in aluminum foil and place them in a oven set to 300 degrees to keep warm
until ready to serve.