Double Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
These are my favorite blueberry muffins! They are bursting with flavor from the smashed blueberries along
with the whole blueberries. The cinnamon-sugar mixture on top gives these muffins a delightful sweetness and gives
them a nice appearance.
Yield: 12 muffins
8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2-1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
3. With mixer or hand mixer, cream butter until smooth.
4. Mix in 1 cup sugar.
5. Mix in eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt.
6. In a small bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork.
7. Mix mashed blueberries into batter.
8. Mix in 1/2 of the flour on low speed of the mixer.
9. Mix in 1/2 of the milk on low speed of the mixer..
10. Repeat with remaining flour & milk.
11. Fold in remaining 1-3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed.
12. With ice-cream scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
13. In a separate small bowl, mix topping ingredients.
14. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
15. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown & risen.
16. Let cool in pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.