Blueberry Scones Recipe
These blueberry scones are rich and creamy. They are great for brunches and bridal or baby showers. These
can be served with or without the Lemon Glaze drizzled over the top, depending on personal preference.
Yield: 8 scones
2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, cut in chunks
1 cup heavy cream, plus more for brushing on scones
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 lemon, zest finely grated
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Sift together dry ingredients.
3. With pastry blender, cut in butter to coat pieces with flour.
(Mixture should look like coarse crumbs.)
5. Make a well in center.
6. Pour in heavy cream.
7. Fold everything together just to incorporate. (Do not overwork dough.)
8. Fold blueberries into batter.
(Take care not to bruise or mash the blueberries.)
9. Press dough out on lightly floured surface into 12x3x1.25’’ rectangle.
10. Cut rectangle in half.
11. Cut the pieces in half again, giving you 4 (3’’) squares.
12. Cut the squares in half on a diagonal to give you the classic triangle shape.
13. Place scones on an ungreased cookie sheet.
14. Brush tops with a little heavy cream.
15. Bake 15-20 minutes until beautiful & brown.
14. Let scones cool a bit before you apply glaze.
15. Mix lemon juice & powdered sugar together in double boiler.
16. Stir until sugar dissolves.
17. Add lemon zest & butter.
18. Whisk glaze to smooth out any lumps.
19. Drizzle glaze over top of scones.
20. Let it set a minute before serving.