Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
This recipe combines the wholesomeness of oatmeal and the sweetness of sun-ripened blueberries.
Yield: 9 pancakes (3 per person makes a good meal)
2 lg egg whites, beaten 'til frothy
2 cups skim milk
2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 tbsp packed brown sugar
1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1. Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees (or a skillet on the stove).
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites with wire whisk until frothy.
3. Whisk in the milk, vanilla, brown sugar and oatmeal until blended.
4. Let this mixture stand 10 minutes until the oatmeal is softened.
5. Whisk in the flours and baking powder until blended.
6. Pour the batter onto the griddle in small portions to make round pancakes.
7. Sprinkle 4-5 blueberries onto the pancakes cooking on the griddle.
8. Flip the pancakes after the bottoms look golden brown.
9. Cook until the bottoms look golden brown.
10. Serve immediately or wrap the pancakes in aluminum foil and place them in a oven set to 300 degrees to keep
warm until ready to serve.